Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Oh Cebu!


Whoever said that Manila has it all has definitely not been to Cebu.
I mean, I have lived here for the last nine months and I am almost loving every bit of it. And why not? We (as in Cebuanos, feeling!) have the best beaches, good food, great night life, most sacred of history and best of all --- nice and gorgeous people.
There is no other place in the world that you can be go from a bustling and booming metropolis to the most serene of beaches in under two hours? Only in Cebu! You can go to Bohol, Ilo-ilo, Bacolod,Siquijor in just matter of hours!
Here, you can do things to your heart's content. Cebu has it all. If you're like me that loves to see places, this is the perfect spot for you. You like going to the beach, easy. You can go scuba diving, snorkelling and para-sailing, if your the adventurous type. How about going to the malls, visiting historical places (like the Mactan Shrine and Colon, the first street in the Philippines, be careful though when going there, you've been to Divisoria)?
Cebu is also less crowded and polluted than Manila. You can still breath clean air without the fear of developing asthma after 2 hours. Here, the population is much, much lesser compared to Manila (except during Sinulog, then you need to ask yourself, "Where are all this people coming from??).
Going out on a weekend? Though I rarely to this because of the nature of my job, I can say that Cebu brings its own flavor into the the Saturday night party scene. Though compared to Manila, here, it is a lot tamer. But still the same, if your purpose is to get wasted, have fun and meet fab-o-lous people.
Speaking of....
Cebuanos has a certain kind of charm. I dunno, maybe it's the way they speak. Or maybe the fact that (in my observation) they make an effort to be really different from the Manilenyos. I mean, they always try to put a local touch in everything they do.
They have the sweetest smile that can capture your heart (like me!).
I have meet a lot of wonderful people staying here and I must admit that like many others, I was smitten by what Cebu and the Cebuanos has to offer.
I' m sounding more of a spokesperson for Cebu tourism, I think i should get paid for this, really! But what is the real reason why I am in love with Cebu so much? I dunno. Maybe because they have accepted me as one of their own (did they?), or maybe because I tried to find a refuge and they gave me one. Or maybe, just because maybe, I'm head-over-heels in-love with a true-(and hot)-bloodied Cebuano? Ahihihi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home